This project has moved and is read-only. For the latest updates, please go here.

Beginner Help

Nov 10, 2007 at 3:51 AM

I'm trying to use the DevExpress Extension Kit with SCSF may 2007, I create a new project, the wizard completes and I can compile without error. If I drop a XtraTabWorkspace or a XtraNavBarWorkspace onto a form and try and compile I get Compiler Error CS0012

The type 'Microsoft.Practices.CompositeUI.SmartParts.IComposableWorkspace`2<T0,T1>' is defined in an assembly that is not referenced. You must add a reference to assembly 'Microsoft.Practices.CompositeUI, Version=1.0.51205.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.

Yet if I look in the solution explorer in the project where the form is located, these references are there

Can someone please provide me with some help

Maybe some install/setup instructions for the DevExpress Extension Kit would help and help from someone with more experence would really help

Thanks

Nov 10, 2007 at 6:09 PM
I had a similar problem when I first started using SCSF and the CAB DevExpress Extension Kit. This may or may not work in your situation. The May 2007 SCSF ships with version 1.0.51205.0 of CompositeUI and CompositeUI.WinForms; but it ships with version 1.0.51206.0 of ObjectBuilder. The CAB DevExpress Extension Kit ships with version 1.0.51205.0 of all three dlls. So try:
  • In the CAB DevExpress Extension Kit:
    • Copy version 1.0.51206.0 of ObjectBuilder into your Lib directory (you may also try copying all three of the SCSF dlls into the Lib directory)
    • Remove the reference to ObjectBuilder (or remove all three references)
    • Re-add the references to the new dlls
    • Rebuild the CAB DevExpress Extension Kit.
  • In your app make sure that you are pointing to the correct dlls and recompile.

Hope this helps.

dlx