This project has moved and is read-only. For the latest updates, please go here.

Newbie Question

Feb 3, 2008 at 2:20 PM

I'm new to the world of CAB and I have an application that I want to convert which already uses DevEx controls. even the Ribbon Header. The current application uses the DevEX MDI Manager and each item of work (workitem !) is displayed as a MDI Child form. I know that CAB supports MDI but I want the form to derrive from DevEx XtraForm so I can take advantage of DevEx functionality. In some of my forms I want to process special shortct keys.

I don't see any form related workspaces in the extension kit. How can I do what I want?
Feb 3, 2008 at 2:56 PM

I think I've answered my own question. I was working with a prior release of the extension kit. After downloading version 3, I now see an XtraForm workspace. Sorry for any inconvenience.
Feb 4, 2008 at 12:54 PM

rclarke wrote: I now see an XtraForm workspace. Sorry for any inconvenience.

...and there's an example of how to use it in the BankTeller Application.
Feb 4, 2008 at 5:31 PM
Thanks for the reply. I have run the demo and I see the MDI forms being creaed at runtime. I'm still confused as to how I set form level properties however since there are no forms explicitly part of the design (only user controls/smartparts). For example how would I set the property for the DevEx form to allow keypress events to accepted? In a normal application, I set this in the MDI form designer and then handle the keypress event in the code behind for the form. Obviously, I'm still struggling with CAB.

Ron

PandaWood wrote:

rclarke wrote: I now see an XtraForm workspace. Sorry for any inconvenience.

...and there's an example of how to use it in the BankTeller Application.