This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

ZoneWorkSpace?

Oct 16, 2010 at 3:26 PM

Hi guys,

I was wondering if the CABDevExpress supports the ZoneWorkSpace? I basically need a panel like workspace where I will swap SmartParts.

Thanks in advance for your replies.

Akrion

Coordinator
Oct 18, 2010 at 1:34 PM
Edited Oct 18, 2010 at 1:35 PM

you can use xtratabworkspace and have an event which will close the last smartpart, when new one created.

this way you will maintain there is only one smart party in the panel all the time. In fact you can use the same method with other workspaces.

Regards,

Huseyn

Oct 18, 2010 at 10:50 PM

Hmm ... Dont really want to carry all the weight that comes with the XtraTabWorkspace ... Does not strike me as the most elegant solution in this case ... Any other ideas?

I do not want to go trough all the UI changes etc ... so I can downgrade a Tab control to look like a panel control ... I mean the ZoneWorkspace comes with CAB ... is there any reason why all other Workspaces got attention but this one not?

Thanks for your prompt reply.

Akrion

Coordinator
Oct 19, 2010 at 1:42 PM

You still can use plain ZoneWorkspace. 

CabDevexpress is really a CAB Addon for using DevExpress components. So every workspace here implemented with Devexpress counterpart to plain winforms one .

What would be the counterpart for panel? I don't think we need ZoneWorkspace here, as plain one still does the job, you can still use it.

PS. Out of interest why would you still use CAB, since many others have switched to CAL (Prism)?

Regards,

Huseyn