This project has moved and is read-only. For the latest updates, please go here.

Using Ribboncontrol

Apr 15, 2008 at 3:06 PM
hi all,
I would like to use the DevExpress Ribboncontrol in my project as a UIExtensionSite, I am finding difficulty in using that, can you please help me with sample which uses Ribbon control?

Thanks,
Pradeep
Jul 13, 2008 at 10:40 AM
Edited Jul 13, 2008 at 10:40 AM
DevLynx uses the XtraRibbon in his blog about his CAB application adventures - http://devlynx.livejournal.com
This might be a good start.
Jul 16, 2008 at 3:27 AM
The examples that are in my project are probably not the place to start. I'll attempt to find the time to convert the Bank Teller project to the Ribbon as an example. I'm not going to promise that it will be done anytime soon - there's just too many tasks that I'm attempting to accomplish right now. But I'll try to get it done.

DevLynx
Jul 16, 2008 at 7:32 AM
This turned out to be much easier than I thought. I have everything working except the Windows menu. I should finish the whole task within a couple more hours. However, since I am currently compiling against DXperience 2008.2 I won't be checking in my code until they are out of beta. I'll let you know how to get an advance copy when I'm done. Hopefully I'll be able to get those couple of hours tomorrow night.

DevLynx
Jul 17, 2008 at 4:58 AM
Edited Jul 17, 2008 at 5:04 AM
Finished the Windows menu, added images to the buttons in both the Ribbon and Menu Forms. I have decided to do one additional thing before I'm done. However, here is a screen shot of the BankTeller app with the Ribbon and the new Summer skin and one of the Menu with the new Summer skin and some of the new glyphs. I'll try to finish tomorrow night.

DevLynx
Jul 17, 2008 at 8:21 AM
Sweet, the ribbon really fills out the interface nicely... I like the summer skin too.