This project has moved and is read-only. For the latest updates, please go here.

Does v8.1.3 work for you?

May 9, 2008 at 9:38 AM
Edited May 9, 2008 at 9:39 AM
Our application went 'kaboom' today after installing 8.1.3.
I'm not sure if it's a big problem in general or whether it's just the CABDevExtensionKit that exhibits the issue.
Basically, the XtraUserControl wasn't getting docked inside of an XtraWindowWorkspaces.
The 'designed' UserControl size remained while the XtraWindowWorkspace resized itself (bigger or smaller).

Depending on the design of the dialog, it meant some were just completely blank dialogs with nothing to see or click! Ouch.

Reverted to 8.1.1
May 21, 2008 at 10:22 AM
Edited May 21, 2008 at 10:22 AM
I have tested CABDevExpress BankTeller with 8.1.3 and everything seems to work OK.  I have no another application to test, I am CAB beginner.
Jul 10, 2008 at 12:20 PM
I tried to reproduce this problem with no luck.
The upgrade definitely breaks our project (and it's reproduceable on all machines/versions after 8.1.3), so something in DevExpress has changed to trigger the problem, but I haven't been able to isolate the issue - even after creating a new project and copying a chunk of our class hierarchy over.
I can only guess that it's something very specific/quirky to some code we have, that ticks it off.