This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

Sample Site

Jun 30, 2008 at 5:44 PM
If anyone is considering the Extension Kit, have a look at www.BibleMaximum.com which is a powerful Smart Client. An app I wrote used by thousands all based on CAB and this project's Extension Kit.

The Extension Kit works great, highly recommended. Well done guys!

Jul 2, 2008 at 5:59 AM

Thanks, the application looks great! Is there source code available?

As I can see, you are using only one module for whole application. Ift it is true, what are strengths of using CAB for this app?

Thanks, Karel

IanVink wrote:
If anyone is considering the Extension Kit, have a look at www.BibleMaximum.com which is a powerful Smart Client. An app I wrote used by thousands all based on CAB and this project's Extension Kit.

The Extension Kit works great, highly recommended. Well done guys!

Jul 3, 2008 at 4:15 PM
Hi Karel,

I'm in the process of pulling out the single module into separate ones and releasing liter versions of the app. I should have started that way, but I thought it would be a simple app. It grew large.

The app has a 25 SmartParts that all talk to each other. So the Event Pub/Sub model of CAB is ideal. As new features are added, I have very little plumbing to do. drop a few [ServiceDependencies] and [EventSubscription] and we're off to the races!

Ian

Jul 4, 2008 at 8:14 AM

The app has a 25 SmartParts that all talk to each other. So the Event Pub/Sub model of CAB is ideal. As new features are added, I have very little plumbing to do. drop a few [ServiceDependencies] and [EventSubscription] and we're off to the races!

Ian

Your description of smartpart communication looks great! I'm sat that your application is not open source :-( The lack of real-world CAB applications is the weak point of CAB/SCSF.
Coordinator
Jul 13, 2008 at 9:43 AM
Edited Jul 13, 2008 at 9:45 AM

IanVink wrote:If anyone is considering the Extension Kit, have a look at www.BibleMaximum.com which is a powerful Smart Client. An app I wrote used by thousands all based on CAB and this project's Extension Kit.
I tried it, this is a great application - Bible user or not!
I'm keeping it on my desktop in case I need to quote something from the bible ;-)