This project has moved and is read-only. For the latest updates, please go here.

Error when using CabDevexpress...

Jul 15, 2008 at 1:33 AM
Im using SCSF from may 2007 with visual studio 2005 and the most recent CABDevexpress, I get the next error:

"An exception occurred while enumerating the modules using the Microsoft.Practices.CompositeUI.Services.FileCatalogModuleEnumerator enumerator."

This is what I did:

* Added CABDevexpress project to my solution.
* Added the next uses to the Shell project in the ShellAppication.cs and also the reference to the CABDevexpress project:
using CABDevExpress;
using CABDevExpress.UIElements;
* Replaced the SmartClientApplication with the XtraFormApplication in class ShellApplication as follow:

class ShellApplication : XtraFormApplication<WorkItem, ShellForm>
    {
        /// <summary>
        /// Application entry point.
        /// </summary>
        [STAThread]
        static void Main()
        {
#if (DEBUG)
            RunInDebugMode();
#else
            RunInReleaseMode();
#endif
        }

Bu I get the error in the sentense:
new ShellApplication().Run();

Any ideas?
Jul 17, 2008 at 11:35 AM
Edited Jul 17, 2008 at 11:52 AM
An exception occurred while enumerating the modules using the Microsoft.Practices.CompositeUI.Services.FileCatalogModuleEnumerator enumerator
Hi Ramsees,

I don't think SmartClientApplication should be replaced with XtraFormApplication in SCSF.
It looks like you need to edit SmartClientApplication and change it's FormShellApplication to XtraFormApplication.

I'm just looking at SCSF now (although, I use baseline CAB for my work and so does the ExtensionKit BankTeller app)...
Having done what you described, I can imagine that all the lovely code in AddServices() of SmartClientApplication isn't going to get called - and I'm guessing that could cause various exceptions, like the one you're getting.

However, I also recommend you look at the InnerException when it shows up in the VS debugger. You could probably never solve a problem with an (outer) message like the one you posted. It doesn't tell you much!

Jul 17, 2008 at 5:16 PM
Problem solved, thanks a lot.