This project has moved and is read-only. For the latest updates, please go here.

DevExpress version of SCSF April 2008 SP1 Guidance package

Mar 8, 2009 at 5:00 PM
Edited Mar 8, 2009 at 5:07 PM
Hello All,

I have used the fixed version of SCSF Guildance Package created by Mariano Converti, and further modified it to generate the solution incorporating DevExpress controls.
It uses the CABDevExpress Extension Kit from the source control here, and would need to used with the signed versions of the CompositeUI dlls.
I have only modified the C# generation.

Of course, each time DevExpress releases a new version, the Guidance package would need to be updated. This would require a text edit in the templates that generate the csproj files. But there are very few references!

I was just wondering if that is of any interest to others here  and I should make it available.

Cheers
John

See Mariano's post
http://blogs.southworks.net/mconverti/2008/09/29/smart-client-software-factory-scsf-gp-source-code-with-installer-that-works-on-visual-studio-2008-sp1
Apr 29, 2009 at 12:06 PM
John,

I would very much like to take a look at you modified SCSF Guidance Package. I tried to download Mariano's version, but it failed. If your version incorporates Mairano's changes and DevExpress controls, I would love to get a copy.

thx
Tore Andre
May 5, 2009 at 3:46 AM
John,

I very much would like to use and see how compatible the SCSF & DevEx are.

This would help me take a decision whether I need to go in for this combination for my project.
The only loop hole I see here in is lack of any long term commitment from DevEx to support SCSF.

Please send me the updated version of the installers & source code.

Regards,
vindows
May 8, 2009 at 10:21 PM

As would I, this would be very useful