This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

CAB DevExpress and SCSF

Sep 2, 2007 at 6:54 PM
Greetings,

Does anyone have any guidance for using CAB DevExpress with the Smart Client Software Factory. I am using the May 2007 release of SCSF. If anyone has accomplished this and has notes on the process it would save me a lot of time and effort.

Best Regards,

Mike
Sep 6, 2007 at 2:08 PM
Hello Mike,

I have started on the same route about 3 weeks ago. Basically the Extension Kit supplies you with all the pluming but you need to update the SCSF recipes with the Extension Kit libraries, DevExpress controls and fix any incompatibilities in the interfaces.
Not an insubstantial task, but well worth the effort if you are implementing a Company Application Framework. For A single application I doupt it is worth considering.

I may upload my recipes, time permitting, at the end of the year, when they are complete & tested.

Marios
Sep 7, 2007 at 3:38 AM
Hello Marios,

Sounds like my first impressions were close then. A couple of questions if you don't mind: Have you had to change anything in the SCSF besides the template files? Are you going to try to have your custom SCSF loaded side by side with the default SCSF so that either could be used?

Thank you,

Mike
Sep 11, 2007 at 8:32 AM
Edited Sep 11, 2007 at 8:33 AM
Mike,

I am still working on the project template, side by side existance is not a problem, however usage of devexpress controls as UI extension sites and workspaces is not supported in the MS recipies, you could use the devexpress controls in your smart parts however.

I expect only slight changes in the other recipies. It took me 4 work days to convert the Project template, and I am now expanding it to include the additional functionality needed by my application framework.
Add to the above time about 2 weeks reading to understand how the whole thing works.

Good luck.

Marios
Coordinator
Oct 30, 2008 at 11:53 AM
Hi, Marios it has been a year since your last post on this topic. Have you managed to finish your recipes? If yes, please, share them here.

They would be very interesting for us.

Looking forward.

Regards,
Husayt