This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

How to use DockManagerWorkspace?

Feb 19, 2008 at 4:06 PM
Can anyone give me a clue how to use DockManagerWorkspace? I'm new to CAB-SCSF and I guess I'm missing something, but as far as I saw every workspace has its Name property and that's the way how to register and reference it. DockManagerWorkspace doesn't have it!? What am I missing?

Tnx
Coordinator
Mar 21, 2008 at 1:00 AM
Yes, the DockManagerWorkspace is a bit of a mystery. I have some basic tests as a sanity-check but I will need to either create an example for it - or even remove it.

The application I'm writing uses a NavBarWorkspace inside of a DockManager control, but we don't use a DockManagerWorkspace. So I need to play around with this control and figure out what should be done.

Once I've done that, we might issue a minor release (3.1) - I'm starting to think we should have more mini-releases, once we've got a few extra classes or pretty much anything useful. I mean, I don't want to wait around just to look more professional.
Mar 21, 2008 at 2:13 PM
Well, I did some modifications for DockManagerWorkspace a month ago, but I don't know how to make patch and send it here. Maybe I could send you changed files to check it out and post it here. If I can be of any assistance let me know.
Coordinator
Mar 23, 2008 at 9:36 AM
Edited Mar 23, 2008 at 12:07 PM
Hi Burmajam,

That would be great. You could just send the files to me (since it's only 1 or 2 files it might be the simplest way).
Otherwise, it is possible to create patches, but it requires a bit of setup (if you haven't done it before).

burmajam wrote:
Well, I did some modifications for DockManagerWorkspace a month ago, but I don't know how to make patch and send it here. Maybe I could send you changed files to check it out and post it here. If I can be of any assistance let me know.

Coordinator
Mar 30, 2008 at 12:30 PM
Edited Mar 30, 2008 at 1:13 PM
I've added a DockManagerWorkspace example to the BankTeller App. It's only a simple example but it works.
See that latest Source Code changeset.

burmajam wrote:
Can anyone give me a clue how to use DockManagerWorkspace?
Apr 7, 2008 at 10:14 AM
Sorry, I've been out of my source code reach since your last post. Where can I send you two files I've been changed? Contact from this site doesn't work :-|